Skip to main content

IN THE RING OF LIFE: WHAT DO YOU DO IN CHALLENGING TIMES?


Life has a way of throwing us off our intended course often. It is either our set goals are unmet due to choices made with insufficient information or as a result of circumstances far beyond our control as mortals. In most cases, this frightens us and when we are unable to quickly recover, our life may become miserable, stagnated or perhaps enter a phase of absolute halt.

However, I have come to appreciate that probably the word - CHALLENGE(s) gives more openings than we may acknowledge. This is probably because during the times when we find ourselves in a situation that CHALLENGES us, we are shaken beyond our usual scope of reach. Let us reflect on an untapped angle to challenges we encounter in life:

Some dictionaries define the word CHALLENGE as (an invitation to take part or compete in something/a call to prove or justify something/a dire/a bid/to question something, a situation, a person etc)...

Thus in perceiving a situation as a CHALLENGE in life, be it in relation to education, society, career, finances, religion, family etc, I am inclined to reflect that we actually have a choice to assume a more positive light, attitude and action to the incidence. Sadly we usually perceive any CHALLENGE we encounter in the aspect of it bearing negative implications.

On the contrary, I daresay that CHALLENGES occur to propel us out of our normal state into a daring state as a new normal. It offers us the opportunity to drive ourselves to a transforming position that may be new but eventually rewarding. Until we face CHALLENGES, we consider ourselves at our best place. However, this is a fallacy because we are far greater than we often CHALLENGE ourselves to be. We are comfortable settling in routines that do not compel and propel us to seemingly unattainable feats since we delight in following the footprints of others. How about carving a new path for others to follow?

Today, my friend, the world is moving at a frightening pace where normal is no longer satisfying or good enough. I therefore CHALLENGE you to question your normalcy and set the tone for excellence above your wildest imagination. Will it be tough? YES! Will you have to stand alone? YES! But most importantly, Will it make you an ICON and a WINNER over that particular situation? Surely, I say a BIG YES!

Have you been driven out of a familiar place or business? Are you financially handicapped and confused? Is your socio-economic and religiosity stagnated? How about that burning desire you nurse to bring positive change to the lives of others who count on you? 

"I hope that as we reflect and dive deep into ourselves, we will dare to rise above challenging situations. Only then shall we become better, brighter and much BIGGER."

I CHALLENGE YOU today!


Comments

Post a Comment

Please remember to click the follow button on the top left corner of the page. Warmest Regards!

Popular posts from this blog

IN THE RING OF LIFE: "MOMMY STOP"

Since my twins have started talking, I have been telling them that they can be and can do anything good they want to . I am careful and intentional with constantly reminding them of that. The essence of this exercise is to build their self-confidence and esteem and also empower them to be anything positive they desire to be without yielding to negative energy. One morning, one of the twins, my three-year-old son was dressing up for us to step out. He wanted to close the flap of his shorts but was visibly struggling. I decided to guide him to do it in good time. As I stretched to hold his flap, he held on to it, gave me a stern look and said, "Mommy stop! You told me I can do anything. Why are you helping me? I will do it myself!" Heh! I was shocked but pleasantly surprised that he was applying the principle to even me. I managed to find my voice somehow and said, "Yes, I did say that and it's true that you can do anything. I just wanted to help you". He repl

IN THE RING OF LIFE: CARE FOR THE STUDENT LIVING WITH MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS

Substance use disorders, depression, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, and suicidal behaviour have been reported in the broader literature as the typical and most prevalent mental health problems among the youth population in Ghana and within the Sub-Saharan Africa region (Nyundo et al., 2020; Ohene & Ofori-Atta, 2014). This is a source of grave concern to many stakeholders especially in the educational sector. It worthy to note that educational pursuits are essential for the individual for many reasons; to gain knowledge and information, build capacity, develop goals, and influence employment opportunities. It also enables the individual to learn social skills and soft skills, address social inequality and be responsible contributors to society.  Despite its numerous benefits, the pursuit of education may also be daunting for students irrespective of their age. However, for students who are recovering from any form of mental health conditions (MHC), educational pursuit can be eve